On my way home, Dear Reader. On the whole, it was a good vacation. The niece and nephew were awesome, as were my brother and sister-in-law. Mom was Mom…although it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. Still not doing anything to help herself, but I didn’t let that ruin my vacation…for the most part.
Highlights of the trip (pictures will follow once I get them):
* Hearing a 4 year old shout your name with joy.
* Watching your niece take her first steps.
* I seem to have no sense of direction. None. And I was the driver. 🙂
* It’s true, C, I’m chatty. Tollbooth attendants, airboat drivers, people in the grocery store, security people at my Mom’s ‘retirement’ village…you name it, I’ll talk to them.
* 1 year olds are like sharks. If it gets near their mouth, they bite it. Hard. And don’t think twice about it. I’ll show her the scar when she’s older.
* Don’t hit a jump on a Yamaha Quad Runner at full speed if you don’t know what you’re doing…and didn’t bring a change of underwear.
* More later…Gotta board.