Holy crap…I’ve not posted in over a month? Hmm…
To start off 2007 right, I was going to have a big blowout with friends, get drunk, throw up, and start over again. Instead, I ended up spending the weekend on my couch, with a 45 pound three-legged chicken sitting on my chest. Trey hates fireworks almost as much as thunderstorms. As I type this, he’s lying under my desk.
I was on the couch because I’ve hurt my back…again. Went to the chiropractor Friday, cleaned the house Saturday, and was up at 3 in the morning with an aching back. Thank the Lord for Bengay, Tylenol, and heating pads. I’m a tad nervous, though, because I’ve got some numbness down the middle of my left butt cheek and into my left leg. I’ve had some numbness for years from when I hurt it the last time. The neurologist I was seeing at the time said it was fine as long as I didn’t lose any strength in my leg (or in my ass too, I guess). Now, though, it seems a tad worse. I’ll give it a week or so of treatment with the chiro to see how it goes.
In other news, I’ve made a list of my 2007 goals for this year. I did pretty well last year, so we’re going to do this again. They are as follows in no particular order:
– Lose weight (again)…don’t ask.
– Learn to cook for 1 (I’m through with the 3 cans of tuna a day routine)
– Keep weight off for minimum of 6 months
– Put a minimum of 1,000 miles on my bike
– Ride the 2007 MS150 (Update: Newest member of Team FedEx for 2007!)
– Finish painting my home (to be done before May ’07)
– Decorate said home so it looks like someone actually lives here
– Post more than once a month
– And finally, see someone about the mild panic attacks I’ve been having
Well, Dear Reader, that’s all for right now. I hope each of you has a wonderful 2007. Be sure to check back again for more updates.